How to Cope with Having a Psychic Gift by Psychic Minerva
Published Date 5/17/2021
Explore More: Empaths
Having a psychic gift has its rewards and disadvantages. If you are considering working as a professional psychic reader, be aware that several issues can impact us as psychics; however, two specific ones can be challenging: empathizing and coping with public opinion.
Being an Empath
Doing a psychic reading for individuals does have an impact on your well-being as a psychic. As psychics, many of us are empaths which means we can feel the energy levels and emotional states of individuals we encounter, even when we are thousands of miles away from them only connected by a telephone or computer.
When we encounter depressed, anxious, or fearful individuals, we too can experience those intense feelings. It is essential that when we come across individuals in a crisis, we learn to recognize what is going on. There are several reasons we need to distinguish the feelings we collect; otherwise, we can become emotionally consumed and unable to function in our daily lives.
There are disadvantages and advantages to being an empath in our line of work as psychics. For starters, being emotionally conflicted or vulnerable can cloud our objectivity and ability to guide our clients. It is essential to maintain healthy boundaries, as well as self-care practices. Here is my list of the disadvantages and advantages:
Disadvantages of Being an Empath:
- Impedes objectivity
- Can be distracting
- It makes us emotionally vulnerable
- Can be confusing
- Can trigger old emotional wounds
- Creates a tendency to overidentify with a client
- Influences our ability to provide neutral advice
Advantages of Being an Empath:
- It gives us insight into the client's world
- Allows us to be compassionate
- It helps identify the core issues
- Provides us with information the client may not be able to verbalize
- Reduces negative judgment
- Allows us to understand the severity of the situation
- Provides us with tools to work with
- Creates a human bond
- Enable the client to know they are not alone
- Provides a more accurate view of the emotional reality
- It gives us a clue of what it is like to walk in someone else's shoes
- It offers a good working foundation
- It gives us tools for providing meaningful guidance.
Being an empath allows us to see the world through the eyes of others. It is a process that some fear because they often do not realize the benefits. However, once you can recognize the advantages, fear diminishes naturally.
Public Opinion of Being a Psychic
There are a lot of opinions that folks have when it comes to psychics. Some individuals view us as charlatans, while others see us as all-knowing. The truth is you cannot get away from public opinion regardless of what line of work you do. Whatever work you do, someone will always have views and assumptions about your abilities or skills.
Facing individuals who will test your skills, ask you questions that you may not see the answers to can be challenging and frustrating since you are being judged. A psychic's performance is constantly being assessed and challenged by looking for answers and questions. When psychics fail to provide a satisfying answer, some clients will label them as frauds or inadequate. The labels can be both annoying and painful since we do try our best to provide helpful guidance.
How to Handle Negative Opinions of Being a Psychic:
- Do not take things personally; sometimes, we do not connect.
- We are not going to see all significant issues in one reading.
- We do our best, even if someone does not see it.
- The future is forever changing since we do change behaviors that impact outcomes.
- We will not please everyone.
- It takes time for a client to process what we share with them.
- During moments of stress, people are not always able to hear things clearly.
- Sometimes clients are not able to handle the truth.
- We are not always right because we are human.
- We all have off days, especially when tired or facing personal issues.
- Clients do have expectations we may not meet.
- We do have limits in what we can see as psychics.
- We cannot be all things to all people, which means we will disappoint at times.
It’s not easy being a Psychic. Our line of work is hard, and the best way to cope is to practice self-compassion. It is essential to meditate, rest, take breaks and be kind to yourself. Do not allow the opinions of others to become your reality. If there are opinions that provide constructive ideas for improvement, sure take advantage of them. However, avoid using public views to criticize yourself or engage in negative self-judgment. Otherwise, you will become disenchanted with your work. For me, the key is to discover the right balance between doing your work as a psychic and practicing self-care.
Minerva is a skilled Psychic, Tarot reader, Intuitive Coach, Interfaith Minister, and Reiki Master with a Degree in Psychology. She has more than 35 years of working as an intuitive coach and a psychic reader. Minerva, a Native New Yorker who enjoyed a career as a therapist and metaphysical teacher for over 30, has retired and is now devoted to doing psychic readings and writing. Minerva’s intuitive skills and experience as a therapist provide her with a solid background for exploring various heart and soul topics with compassion and deep understanding.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login