Many psychics can connect with those who have moved on to another realm. Understanding the differences between mediumship and channeling can help you choose the best type of reading for your needs as well as embrace your own abilities.
What Is Mediumship?
A medium relays information from one realm to the other, functioning as a go-between that can use psychic feeling, hearing, and seeing perceptions to connect those who have passed on with living beings. Psychic mediums can help you communicate with someone who has passed on and interpret messages from them. Mediums can also interpret messages from spirit guides and angels.
What Is Channeling?
Though channeling also connects to spirits and other realms, these psychics use a more direct means of connection. A psychic will let their consciousness leave their body so that a spirit from the other realms can merge with their own auric field, taking over and using it as a vessel for expression.
In Trance Channeling, a Channel will embody someone deceased to communicate their feelings, thoughts, and words. Conscious Channeling involves a similar processing through the body, but the Channel stays conscious and can edit their own expressions.
Types of channeling include:
- Conscious, or mental, channeling: When the Channel is fully aware of what happens and can stop the experience at will.
- Clairvoyance: Getting images as communication.
- Clairaudience: Hearing sounds or voices as communication.
- Clairsentience: Sensing a presence such as a change in temperature or emotion.
- Trance, or physical, channeling: When the Channel goes into a deep trance state.
When to Choose Each Type of Reading
If you'd like to connect with someone you love who has moved to the afterlife, a psychic chat can help. You should choose a reading with a Medium or Channel depending on the experience you're seeking.
If you'd like the psychic to relay and interpret intuited messages they received from your loved one, a Medium offers this type of connection. If, on the other hand, you would like to communicate with your loved one as directly as you can, a Channel provides this kind of experience. A Channel will allow you to have a conversation with a loved one as you did when they were in this realm.
The Innate Psychic Channel Within You
Everyone possesses a psychic channel. Most people develop their psychic abilities in childhood, but we're conditioned to ignore and suppress these abilities as we mature.
However, it's never too late to reconnect with your psychic abilities. You can try these methods to embrace and tap into your own innate psychic channel:
- Cultivate your intuition through daily practice.
- Imagine your body surrounded by pure white light.
- Listen to and write down your dreams.
- Pay attention to your emotions!
- Notice small moments of intuition: Did you think about your friend a moment before they called?
- Scan rooms you're in to notice different energies in sights and sounds. With practice, you can move into memories as well.
Learning to channel the psychic within you can help you connect to loved ones beyond the realm of this psychic world.