Welcome to the season of renewal. Thank you for joining me for some metaphysical insights about the Winter Solstice, which this year is on Tuesday, December 21, 2021. According to science, the solstice only lasts for a brief moment, but often it is celebrated all day. In Astronomy, this is the first day of winter and while it is the shortest amount of daylight of the year, it also brings the promise of more sun and brightness each day that follows. And that is worth celebrating!
Spirituality and the Winter Solstice
Because it gets dark early and it’s colder outside, many of us spend more time indoors during winter. Often finding our coziness and warmth coming from outside ourselves. We can drink a warm beverage, and that feels like it is warming the inside, too. It is also an ideal time to increase your spirituality, deeply grounding yourself in the present and going within for your answers. This is all work on the inside too and it can also be a warming experience, literally and metaphorically. Be open and allow it to happen.
Tune into Nature for Guidance
Mother Earth is in “a state of hibernation” during winter. The winter solstice is a time to literally let go of the past and embrace the current moment. Learn how to consistently practice meaningful inner work and expand yourself spiritually. Listen with your heart and open up a conversation within different parts of your body, with your ancestors, your higher self, inner child, guides and beyond. This is a big part of the magic of the winter solstice. Nature shows us that drawing inward is for all beings during this time of early darkness. We need time and space to be silent, rest, dream and gather strength to prepare for abundant growth that follows later in the season. Have faith, trust and allow what is best for you.
The Power of Numerology
Are you picking up on the repetition of digits this solstice? Here’s some simple Numerology regarding this year’s solstice date: Numerology results in single digits, as we add each number sequence together to create a new single digit number.
Let’s use the date December 21, 2021, which is written out as 12-21-2021. Now for some basic math. December becomes 1+2 = 3. The date is also 2+1 = 3. And lastly the year 2+0+2+1 = 5. Lastly, we add all those up resulting in 3+3+5 = 11. We have to break that down into a single digit, so finally 1+1 = 2. Whew. I am noticing additional insights via Numerology because the Number 2 is highly feminine energy representing grace, power, peace, balance and partnerships. The number 2 is also highly intuitive, unifying, influential and weaving in the inherent strengths of numeral 2 — compassion and influence, this illustrates to me an empowering spiritual Winter Solstice through the eyes of numerology.
Astrologically, this is happening in Capricorn season. Be aware, you may feel called to act on these energies, as well. Earth energy is strong in Capricorn; firmly planted, salt of the earth, practical, grounded and dependable. Capricorn energy specifically is often ambitious, structured, goal driven, and strategic. Capricorn rules money, business and status in life. They like to plan ahead and be prepared.
Fire Ceremony for Release and Rebirth
You may want to celebrate this season solo or with dear friends. This is a great time for honoring endings and new beginnings. Through this ritual, you are celebrating the wisdom of the past, as you make space for what you wish in the new year.
Fire Ritual Action Steps
- Safely prepare a fire: by simply lighting a candle or using a fire pit or fireplace.
- You can deepen this experience by safely drawing or carving a simple symbol/glyph or word that illustrates your intention. Create this personal representation on a sketchbook, candle, the earth or even a tattoo. This symbol can communicate feeling over thought (similar to Tarot) - using more subconscious energy than rational. A few simple examples include words like: Manifest, Peace or Balance or the icons of a heart, arrow, circle, dashes, musical notes. swirls, dots, flowers, horoscope sign (Capricorn, Aries, Aquarius, Scorpio, etc.)
- These symbols are often temporary. The goal of this ceremony is clear: Create, Activate, Destroy. The end result is release and allow.
- Gather small pieces of paper and writing tools for each person, write down what you want to release in the present moment.
- You can play soul-nourishing music or if you wish, say a prayer, set an intention or repeat a mantra.
- Each person carefully tosses their written release message into the fire.
- You can end the ceremony through sound (drums, bells, clapping, noise makers or a song to the universe) or take turns sharing one thing you are very grateful for.
I hope you have found a variety of practices surrounding the Winter Solstice to support you as this year is wrapping up. Remember to celebrate you, those you love and care for, as well as those who need some extra time, care or concern. Follow your heart. I am wrapping you in grace now and moving forward.
Never forget you are amazing inside and out. Blessed Be…