While this can be done any time of year, the start of a new month or season is the perfect time to perform a house blessing. You can do this with your pets and/or with other members of the house.
What is a House Blessing?
A house blessing is the ritual of imbuing your home with positive energy.
Why Perform a House Blessing?
Your environment affects you. We have an energetic relationship with what surrounds us. The energetic atmosphere can influence your mood, creativity, thoughts and desires. Having a clear space that elevates the best aspects of you and life will not only help you live a better life, but all those who live there and are invited in, also. Your home is an extension of you, so don't neglect it.
By living in a blessed house, you become more blessed in other areas of your life. A blessing sets up a precedent for what is allowed in your life. You are evoking boundaries about what is ok and not ok. If you've felt negative energy in your space, then bless your home and you'll naturally experience more peace, love, happiness, health, gratitude, goodness, prosperity and harmony.
What Do You Need for a House Blessing?
For the following blessing, all you need is a positive intention, a candle, and a crystal.
10 STEPS TO PERFORM A HOUSE BLESSING:
- Clean the space and clothes. Dust, sweep, wash, mop, and tidy up. Bring in sunlight and fresh air by opening the windows and blinds. Air things out. Open things that haven’t been opened in a while. Throw away or donate things you no longer need.
- Start at the entry point of your house like the front door and say a prayer, such as “Bless all who dwell in this place called home. Blessed are the feet of those who bring good news to this home. Blessed be this house with happiness, health, and prosperity.”
- Prepare yourself by meditating. Think of conjuring the most loving and positive energy possible. Then, imbue the space with it just by visualizing it being in your home.
- Ask for your guides, deities, angels to remove all negative energy and entities.
- Put your presence in the space by walking through it with your aura expanded. That way your energy takes precedence. Ground the space with your intention and visualization.
- Use your vocal power, say positive words such as "I love you." Talk to your space by asking questions like "Do you agree to uncreate all negative energy and only store positive energy?"
- Go into each room of your house or each corner of the room and say something positive and visualize the positive energy growing and amplifying. Invite your guides, angels, and deities to intensify the energy and their protective energy to go as far and as wide as is needed in order to keep your home safe.
- You can place a candle or crystal as a symbol of your positive intentions. Personally, I prefer a candle and having something that represents the four elements.
- End the blessing with the following prayer or whatever your intuition inspires you to say: “Great Spirit, All-Loving Heart bless this home forever. May the spirit of peace fill this home. May happiness and laughter fill each room. May the beauty of emotional and spiritual support dwell here. May friendship dwell here. Send your angels of light to be within the walls of this home to guard and guide those who live here. Let this place be a heaven on earth – so be it. Amen.”
- Invite over friends and family to fill the space with good memories and remember to be consistent with your spiritual work. The more you do it, the stronger you become at managing energy so that you feel safe everywhere you go.
One final thing… Blessing a house you are about to sell will help it sell quickly.