I want to share 9 Rules for Being Human According to Ancient Law. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but a good start to help take us back to simpler times and remind us of who we are and why we are here.
1. You will receive a body – Where you love it or hate it, It’s yours for life.
2. You will learn lessons – Life is a constant learning experience, in which every day provides opportunities for you to learn more.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons – Your development towards wisdom is a process of experimentation, trial and error. Compassion is the remedy for harsh judgement of ourselves and others. Forgiveness is not only divine, it’s also the act of erasing an emotional debt.
4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned – What manifest as problems and challenges, irritations and frustrations are more lessons. They will repeat until you see them as such and learn from them. Your own awareness and your ability to change are requisites of executing this rule. To blame anyone or anything else for your misfortunes is an escape and a denial; you yourself are responsible for you, and what happens to you.
5. Learning lessons does not end – While you are alive there are always lessons to be learned. Surrender to the rhythm of life, don’t struggle against it. Be humble enough to always acknowledge your own weaknesses, and be flexible enough to adapt from what you may be accustomed to.
6. “There” is no better than “here” - The other side of the hill may be greener than your own, but being there is not the key to endless happiness. Be grateful for and enjoy what you have, and where you are on your journey. Appreciate the abundance of what’s good in your life, rather than measure and amass things that do not actually lead to happiness. Living in the present helps you attain peace.
7. Others are merely mirrors of you – You love or hate something about another person according to what love or hate about yourself. Be tolerant; accept others as they are, and strive for clarity of self-awareness; strive to truly understand and have an objective perception of your own self, your thoughts and feelings.
8. What you make of your life is up to you – You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. Take responsibility for yourself. Learn to let go when you cannot change things. Don’t get angry about things.
9. The answers lie inside you – Trust your instincts and your innermost feelings, whether you hear them as a little voice or a flash of inspiration.
Lastly you will forget all this at birth as we are all born with all of these capabilities. Our early experiences lead us into a physical world, away from our spiritual selves, so that we become doubtful, cynical and lacking belief and confidence.
These rules are not commandments, they are universal truths that apply to us all. When you lose your way, call upon them. Have faith in the strength of your spirit.
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login