Keys to a Healthy, Happy RelationshipEveryone wants to be happy in their love life, but what makes one relationship healthy and another not? In this video, Psychic Source Advisors share tips to keep your relationship healthy and happy, gathered from years of giving love readings to people from all walks of life, from all over the world.
How to Build a Healthy Relationship
If you've been through divorce or a tough breakup, it's easy to get jaded. We roll our eyes at seemingly happy couples muttering "Yes, dear" and compromising away their individuality and needs. So many people are together and not in love, that a healthy, lasting love can feel like a hopeless cause. We've been trained to believe that relationships are a "job" that require "work," and there's no shortage of communication techniques for dealing with conflict. Yet all the communication tips and secrets to happy relationships in the world can't ensure a conflict-free match. In fact, happy relationships aren't conflict free; happy couples have learned to get to the heart of what is happening within themselves and are curious about what is happening within their partners. This is an excellent opportunity to consult a psychic Empath who can feel into what is going on with you and your partner, and provide tips for a healthy relationship with your partner, insight and understanding that is far more powerful than a scripted "what I hear you saying is..."
Importance of Not Rushing Into a Relationship
So often, when chemistry propels a relationship forward, the underlying foundation, which is one of the keys to having a healthy relationship, doesn't get enough time or attention. Running on a new relationship "high" is a wonderful boost to any new relationship, but if you are ultimately hoping for a committed long term relationship, don't confuse an adrenaline rush with lasting love. The happiest, healthiest partnerships, say our Advisors, start with a foundation of friendship and clarity about the qualities you are looking for. Remember, the secret to manifesting anything is to start with intention and clarity. So make your list, take your time to really get to know the other person as a friend as well as a prospective partner, and maintain clarity about your own identity and needs.
So how do you know? What are the signs you’re in a healthy relationship?
Ask yourself a few questions:
1. Can you talk about your feelings?The most important key to ensuring a healthy relationship is the ability to talk to each other, even about the scary stuff. If you are too scared to be honest with your partner about how you feel, then you aren’t ready for a healthy relationship. You have to be willing to open up, even in the face of rejection, if you are ever going to have a healthy emotional give and take with one another.
2. Does your partner listen to what you have to say?The next key is that your partner wants to hear what you have to say. If you feel that you aren’t being heard, or you have to repeat yourself, especially when it comes to explaining things that are important to you, then that can be a red flag that your relationship isn’t healthy. For a relationship to work, both parties have to listen to each other and pay attention to what is important to their partner.
3. Are your needs being met?Thirdly, in a healthy relationship, both partners’ needs are being met. This doesn’t mean that you will magically know what to do. It takes part one and part two from above to make part three work. For your relationship to work at the healthiest level, not only is it important that you talk about your feelings, and listen to your partner’s needs, but then you have to actually work together to make sure both of your needs are being met. This can’t happen if you aren’t doing step one and step two. So being honest and paying attention, are the first steps to fulfilling each other’s needs, but then you have to follow through with doing the work to effectively meet those needs.
4. Is the relationship equal?Next key to a healthy relationship stems from the work itself. It is important that both parties in the relationship are equally invested and putting in equal effort. You have to understand, that things won’t always be perfect. Sometimes there is an ebb and flow, with how much one partner gives and the other partner takes. That is normal. With work requirements and other draws on each person’s energy levels, it usually can’t manifest in equal work from both partners all the time. But it is important that the give and take average an equal amount that both parties are giving to each other and investing in making the relationship work as a whole. If that isn’t happening, then one partner will inevitably feel taken for granted and that will lead to a very unhealthy relationship.
5. Are you happy?The final key to a healthy relationship might seem obvious, but it is the crux that can make or break a relationship. Does your partner make you happy? This doesn’t mean at every given moment in time, but when you pull back and look at the big picture of your life, does this relationship make you happy, and bring you more joy than heartache? If the answer is yes, then the other keys can be worked on even if the relationship isn’t at its healthiest currently. But if at the heart of the relationship, you aren’t happy with who the other person is, or how the other person makes you feel, then that is a true sign that there is something significantly wrong in your relationship so you should reevaluate it.
The key to a happy relationship is actually the key to a healthy relationship too, you loving the other person exactly as they are and that person loving you exactly as you are. That doesn’t mean that your partner’s bad habits won’t annoy you, or that you won’t get on each other’s nerves, but when you think about who your partner is as a person, if that person makes you happy, and you love that person as they are and they do the same for you, that is a solid foundation from which to build a long lasting happy healthy relationship. All the other pieces and parts will take time, patience, and a willingness to work together, but with a strong foundation you can get to a healthy, happy, relationship.
Learn more about the signs of an unhealthy relationship.
Our Love and Relationship Psychics Help People with Love Issues Everyday
Talking with our Advisors can help you assess your relationship health and happiness potential. They can guide you towards finding a better love match, or help you learn how to have a healthy relationship now. If you want a healthier, happier relationship, speak to one of our Love Psychics today.
Take our free Love Language Quiz to further strengthen your relationship with your partner.