Don't forget that lemons liven up a good beverage ;)
• Mix one part lemon juice, one part vinegar, and two parts water for a natural cleaning solution that deters fleas and ants, and can freshen up your home. Add a couple drops of essential peppermint oil to deter spiders and roaches.
• Mix lemon juice and water in a spray bottle and spray around the furniture to remove odors. Or spray over your bed before you sleep for a happy vibe and good dreams.
• Mix lemon juice, water, and baking soda for a natural stain remover.
• If you have cats and that horrible litter box, cut one lemon in half and place it in a bowl near the box to remove the odor. Change it each week to keep the air fresh.
• Add some lemon juice to your laundry detergent to remove odor and light stains. You will be amazed at how much better your laundry smells when coming out of the dryer.
• Make alkalized water with a glass of water, capful of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of Himalayan salt (pink salt). Lemons also have anti-aging properties, and we all want to look younger right?
• Place half a lemon near your doors to deter flies.
• Place them around the garden too, to deter pests.
• Put a capful of lemon juice in your dog’s and cat’s shampoo to help deter fleas. The fleas don’t like it, and it’s much safer than peppermint oil (which can be toxic to animals).
• If you want to remove odor from your shoes, throw a lemon in them overnight!
• Lemons bring out the flavor in some teas, including herbal teas (and there’s that anti-aging help again!) .
• Whiten your teeth and freshen your breath by rubbing the inside of a lemon peel on your teeth. It’s also great for healing your gums!
I know that lemons and the lemon scent are not for everyone. Limes have a lot of the same capabilities if you want to change it up. Oranges are also good substitute for freshening things up and changing your mood. So the next time “life gives you lemons,” change the energy in your house! Namaste.
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login