Editor's Note: This is the fourth article in a series on Getting the Most from Your Psychic Readings. Download and read all 4 articles using the link at the bottom of this article.
These common expectations about psychic readings aren't necessarily true. Knowing the truth could make your readings that much better!
1. The psychic will always provide quick, precise answers.
Sometimes, yes. But whether you're getting a chat or phone reading, it can be frustrating if answers aren’t exactly clear to you. Why would this happen? Well, it may take a minute for your reader to understand what they're being told by the cards or their guides. They may also need to ask you something, or ask their cards or guides for clarification.
2. You shouldn’t provide the psychic with any information up front.
This is false. Some clients are afraid to say too much, for fear of leading the psychic or taking over the reading. But being open and honest about your situation and what you’re looking for is very important if you want an insightful reading. Make sure you convey this immediately to your Advisor.
3. The Advisor should be able to answer all of your questions in a short period of time.
Time is of the essence. If you ask a question in the last minute of a reading, there may not be time to get an answer. This is why it’s helpful to plan ahead, starting with your most important questions first. With tarot or other tools, once you disconnect, your cards or tools are mixed back in. We frequently have another client waiting for us and can't leave your reading out. It helps to plan for a little longer than you expect so this problem doesn’t occur.
4. Psychics only tell you what you want to hear.
Wouldn't that be nice? While yes, readers HATE giving negative readings--that's just life--we don't have any control over what answer you get; we just give you the information we're given. Your Advisor will be honest whether the outcome is good or bad.
So what can you do to ensure you get what you want out of the reading?
• Know what you want to ask before you start the reading. Think of possible follow-up questions so you’re extra prepared.
• If your time is very limited, don't waste it on “Hello, how are you?” and other chit chat. For a chat reading, it can also help a LOT if you type your question(s), name, and date of birth before you open the chat, copy them onto the clipboard, then paste them into the chat window.
• If you want information on more than one subject, let your reader know at the beginning, especially if it's a tarot reading. If the cards are laid out for a relationship reading, and then you ask about career issues, it takes another spread. If you tell them at the beginning, they can use a spread that works for both.
Check out the full guide:
How to Get the Most Out of Your Psychic Readings