Get a Reading with Blaire x7256
There are some things we don't get as much of in the winter as we do in other seasons including sunshine and exercise. Our food isn't as healthy or fresh, and our energy levels drop like crazy. Through this, we are expected to spend more, celebrate holidays, go out into crowds, visit indoors and fill ourselves full of sugary treats. It's not Flu season, it's our lifestyle that changes through the winter months. All in all, how can we expect to stay healthy?
Here are a few tips to fight off the winter blues and the so called Flu season:
1) Eat something fresh and healthy every single day. Raw fruits and veggies are high in vitamins and minerals that can help protect your immune system.
2) Get outside. Fresh air, even if it's cold air, is better than staying inside in stagnant air. Force yourself, even if it's a brisk walk. Play your favorite music to get you moving.
3) Get plenty of sleep. Even humans are programmed to rest more through the cooler season. If you can't seem to get a regular sleeping routine, then take periodic breathing rests throughout the day where you just do a little daydreaming
4) Go to a tanning bed. Honestly, a lot of our ailments are from a lack of vitamin D, the Sunshine vitamin. Put yourself in the healthy rays of light and visualize your dream vacation. It helps!
5) Detox from harsh energies and illness at the end of each day. Put yourself in a bath of Epsom salts and allow it to take all the toxins out of your body. This will also help regulate your sleep.
6) Use essential oils to build immunity. Oregano, Lavender, and many other have anti-inflammatory effects, and can help you relax, de-stress and build strength against all the little bugs out there.
7) Change your thought process. Instead of saying “I can't get sick”, you’ll be saying “I am strong and healthy.” Positive thoughts will help keep the negative away.
8) Listen to your body. If your body is telling you to rest, eat, sleep, or play, it is telling you for a reason. We often ignore these little signs from our body making excuses because we have to work, or shop, or clean. Stop and listen. If you don't, chances are you will be hit with something that forces you to take the rest your body was asking for all along.
If all else fails, surrender your health to the Universe, and ask them it to keep you healthy. Listen to your gut, and stay away from situations that make you feel uncomfortable.
Eat your chocolate and your cake, but have an apple with it. You will be glad you did!
Have an incredibly healthy Flu season!