Between work, relationships, and the day-to-day struggles, life can get pretty stressful. If you've never used meditation for dealing with stress before, it's worth a try. Mindfulness meditation encourages you to quiet your inner to-do list and focus on the here and now. When you combine this practice with astrology, you can enhance your meditation and reduce your stress significantly.
Sounds pretty good, right? We've put together this guide as a 101 class on mindfulness meditation. For even more guidance, schedule a reading with a psychic advisor, who can provide support for dealing with the stress you experience every day.
What Is Mindfulness Meditation?
Mindfulness meditation is the practice of focusing your mind on the present. By calming your thoughts, this meditation allows you to connect your mind, body, and soul as you seek spiritual clarity and awareness. The elements of mindfulness meditation include:
- Awareness: During meditation, a heightened awareness allows you to be in the present moment, acknowledging your breath, thoughts, and emotions.
- Focus: When you're in a state of mindful meditation, you're only focused on the present, not the past or the future.
- Acceptance: In this state, you can accept your feelings and emotions without judgment or reaction.
- Observation: While practicing mindfulness meditation, you observe your thoughts and acknowledge them as temporary. Then you let them go.
Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation
Mindfulness can be an effective meditation technique for dealing with stress. Rather than thinking about future worries or past anxieties, mindfulness teaches you to be present. You might still have worrying thoughts, but you can observe them and move on rather than fixating on them. The next time you find yourself awake at 2 a.m. stressing about a conversation you need to have with your boss the next day, try practicing this form of stress reduction meditation to calm your nerves.
What's the Relationship Between Astrology and Meditation?
You might question the relationship between astrology and meditation. You use astrology to learn more about your behaviors and make life decisions based on celestial guidance. On the other hand, meditation provides a way to quiet your mind, allowing you to focus on the present moment.
However, there's a clear link between astrology and meditation that can be helpful as you begin practicing mindfulness. When you combine them, you can connect with the cosmos and achieve a powerful sense of self-awareness. Aligning meditation with celestial energies deepens your reflection and expands your understanding of your purpose in this vast universe.
This type of meditation can help you reach a calm, relaxed state and achieve balance. Here are some other ways astrology and meditation can be beneficial:
- Reflection and empowerment: You can draw on celestial energies as you reflect during mindfulness meditation. By connecting with these energies, you can unlock your deepest thoughts and become empowered to make purposeful life choices.
- Skills enhancement: You can use planetary energies as part of your meditation practice to strengthen certain skills and qualities. For example, you may meditate with Mercury's energy when you want to sharpen your communication skills.
- Healing: Meditating with the moon's energy can be a balm to your emotional wounds. You can use this energy as you work through difficult feelings and seek comfort in times of pain.
How To Practice Meditation Based on Your Zodiac Sign
Your zodiac sign reveals so much about who you are, but it can also help you tap into the full benefits of mindfulness meditation. Each astrological sign corresponds with one of the four elements: water, fire, earth, or air. Not sure about your element? Here's a breakdown of each one:
- Fire: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius.
- Earth: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn.
- Air: Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius.
- Water: Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.
Once you know your element, you can use it in your meditation practice. For example, if you're a Gemini, Libra, or Aquarius, try meditating outside in the fresh air. If you have a water element, practice meditation near a lake, river, or other body of water. People with the earth element can meditate with their feet on the ground, while the fire elements can light a candle during their mindfulness meditation.
When the cosmic energies align with your meditative state, you can become one with your mind, body, and soul. As you experience this state of complete mindfulness, you can quiet your inner fears, worries, and anxieties and reach a place of calm and relaxation. In other words, you'll literally feel your stress melt away as you become aware of your place in the universe.
Other Mindfulness Techniques To Try
Interested in more ways to practice mindfulness to reduce stress? Here are some other techniques to try:
- Mindful breathing: In a quiet space, focus on your breath and stay aware of the moment. As you have thoughts, simply acknowledge them and let them go.
- Body scan: This practice involves focusing on one part of your body before moving onto the next. For example, you might start with the tip of your head and then move to your face, arms, stomach, legs, and feet.
- Kindness meditation: This exercise can be a great way to reduce stress and put a smile on your face. Start by saying kind words to yourself, then offer kind thoughts to your friends, family, and the rest of the world.
Life can get stressful — fast. The next time you feel your heart racing or your mind running at 100 miles an hour, find a moment to practice mindfulness meditation. Use your astrological sign to guide this practice and become connected to the present. As you practice, you'll get better at silencing those worrying thoughts in your head. You'll feel your body become calmer and those knots in your shoulders ease.
For more help dealing with stress, speak to an intuitive psychic today. We provide genuine, thoughtful advice and insights to help you reduce stress and become your best, most powerful self.