Too hot? Try calm, deep breaths and staying hydrated.
As the summer heats up so, it appears, does our inability to tolerate anything anyone does EVER. It is a documented fact that drivers are more aggressive and apt to honk their horns, spouses are nastier to each other, and strangers can be downright hostile when the sun steams up our summer. On the phone, I hear a lot of sadness around nasty outbursts and bullying behavior on Facebook.
So, what can we do to alleviate our tendency to get all incensed and overheated? The first thing to do is recognize that our fuses are short in the summer because the heat makes us cranky. Since we can’t do anything about the heat, we need to focus on things we can control.
Keeping Our Cool When the Temperatures Heat Up
• Are we drinking enough water? I know I could be drinking more.
• Are we choosing to exercise in the morning or inside? (I have seen people red as lobsters running outdoors at 1:00 PM – that is heart attack time y’all!) Most gyms today have AIR CONDITIONING, treadmills or other cardio machines, and fancy devices to plug your smartphone into so you can watch or listen to what you want as you work out.
• Are we getting enough sleep? As a psychic sleep is essential for me. If I don’t sleep well, I don’t connect to spirit well. This is one thing I do pretty darn well!
• Are we taking walks in the relatively cool morning or evening and simply enjoy being outside? Just because it’s hot doesn’t mean we can’t find time to connect with nature. We need it to ground ourselves to the lovely earth by looking around and admiring nature’s bounty. Instead of fuming that it is too darn hot.
• Are we breathing enough? I know this one sounds odd, but as a psychic, it is natural for us to take deep yoga like breaths to center ourselves and connect to spirit. This is also a great trick to calm down when you are feeling stressed. I use it about ten times a day in the summer. Seriously. The heat really makes me cranky! We need to remember that in 1948 when Cole Porter was lamenting about the heat he was writing this before air-conditioning was readily available. So take a deep yoga breath, behave appropriately with loved ones and strangers and remember you could be in 1948 sleeping outside because that is where it was coolest. Seriously, that happened.
Life is too short for rudeness and mean-spiritedness! Let’s make a pledge to be nice this summer! Are you in?
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login