Sometimes, no matter how much you try, your moods and feelings just refuse to align and cooperate with the tone and expectations of the annual calendar. While the festivities abound, you may very well find yourself in the throes of despair or the unflinching grip of anger. Where do we turn to then, in times such as these, to plug into the joy, spirit and gratitude this time of year promises? How do we abate the constant inner chatter of our restless minds and soothe the ache of our seething heart?
Like with so many other things, here too the answer lies within.
Discovering your Emotional Landscape
Honor Your Feelings
Yes, this process may require patience, time and effort; but the beauty of it, is that once you set off on this sacred journey, every inch and aspect of your soul comes to your aid. Anchored in compassion, love and healing, this is a movement from being at the mercy of your emotions to becoming their enlightened master. As you connect with your inner realm and take responsibility for it, you unlock the infinite potential that lies within your divine being, bringing you more reasons than one to celebrate and revel in this season.
This holiday season, keep in mind these 5 tips, and you are sure to find more joy and a lot less emotional landmines:
1. It is okay to not feel great. Like the stars and the storms, this too shall pass.
2. Find a safe place to feel and process your way through. A daily meditation ritual or just a few minutes
3. If you are overwhelmed, try writing down how you feel. Or you could sing your heart out, whatever works for you!
4. Be patient. The journey is just as, if not more, important than the final destination.
5. Celebrate the little things. Remember, just one joy or one reason is a lot to celebrate and be thankful for.
Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy Holiday!
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login