The benefits of meditation are well proven, but the challenges of sitting quietly and clearing one's mind can often seem overwhelming. Don't give up on meditation just because you can't sit for a long session. Engage in brief yet beneficial two-minute meditations instead.
The Power of Two-Minute Meditation
You don't need to engage in a lengthy meditation session to enjoy the benefits of this practice. There are many perks that you can enjoy with a short session. Two-minute meditations are more achievable than longer meditative practices, so you're more likely to engage in them. Over time, your two-minute sessions will help you strengthen the skills that you'll need for a longer meditation if you choose to go this path.
When to Use Short Meditations
You can use a short meditation any time you feel the need to ground, center, and focus. Consider trying a two-minute mediation when:
- You have a brief break at work.
- You have extra time on your lunch hour.
- You're calming your mind before bed.
- You're focusing in the morning to prepare for the day ahead.
- You need to calm down after a difficult situation.
- You want to de-stress after your child has challenged you.
- You're trying to clear your mind for a brainstorming session.
How to Meditate for Two Minutes
You can enjoy a short meditation in just a few easy steps:
- Sit comfortably. Scan your body briefly from top to bottom for discomforts and adjust as needed.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Focus on your breath.
- Allow thoughts and observations to enter your mind but patiently push them onward and do not focus on them.
There are several ways that you can use these short meditations to help you focus, clear your mind, and improve your day. The key is recognizing what you need in the moment and tailoring your meditation to serve that need. If you're struggling to find the right focus for your meditations, consider talking to an online psychic for some insights into the things that need the most attention.
Some examples of meditation strategies you might try include:
- Sitting with your emotions. If you're feeling confused, embarrassed, upset, or overwhelmed, simply sit with that emotion for two minutes. Allow yourself to feel it completely, explore it from all sides, and then let it go.
- Sending out compassion. Whether you want to send positive energy to a specific person in need, or you simply need a moment of goodness in your day, spend two minutes mindfully sending compassion into the universe.
- Embracing self-love. If you've been beating yourself up all day, engage in a short meditation focused on self-love. Sit with yourself quietly and focus on appreciation and self-compassion.
Several short meditations can be more powerful than struggling through one long one. If you're not convinced, phone a psychic to learn more about how mindfulness and meditation may help you connect with and handle the issues that are most important right now.