Grounding is when you are centered in the balancing energy of the Great Mother, we call Earth. In doing so, it helps to recharge us, soothe us, and balance us. Many report having more energy after being grounded. I know for myself, I am more focused, disciplined, and calm. I've even heard that therapists are now recommending and writing prescriptions to bathe in nature which automatically is grounding for humans. If the medical field is taking this seriously, so should you. You might not feel the benefits of grounding the first time you do it, but the more you do, the more you will.
You don't have to be in a quiet place by yourself to ground. There are many ways to ground and I encourage you to find what works best for you. I reground myself anytime I feel lost in my thoughts, worried or reacting negatively. When you meditate or do mediumship (connecting and communicating with the deceased) your mind and body can feel out of alignment and not balanced enough to go about your everyday life. Grounding will support realignment. It will help raise your vibration so you are able to go to deeper levels of your psyche and spirit.
8 Ways to Ground Yourself:
- Appreciate the energy of Mother Nature. Look down and have gratitude and love for the caring energy of Earth and this appreciation and gratitude will naturally ground you.
- Do a mundane task that's repetitive like taking care of yourself or nature. This would be things like gardening, yard work, sweeping, folding clothes, doing the dishes, watering the lawn, etc.
- Take a walk. A walking meditation will help.
- Visualize the energy of the Earth rising up and hugging you. See it nestling you in its heart.
- Sit with or near a grounding force such as trees or rocks, things that are physically grounded to the Earth already.
- Use your vocal power to SAY you are grounded and verbally instruct the electric and magnetic components of your grounding cord to be turned on NOW and sync with the telluric currents of the Earth.
- Ask your spirit guides and angels to help you ground with the greatest of ease.
- Work with an energy healer or psychic to help you ground or give suggestions on additional ways to practice grounding.
The more you ground yourself, the easier and more natural it becomes. So, be consistent but don’t be afraid to try various methods to see what works best for you.