The Nose Knows
Essential oils not only help improve job performance but also health, meaning you are less likely to take sick time. Essential oils have anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and using them in an environment where there are a lot of people can help to keep germs in check. Inhaling essential oils activates the hypothalamus, the area of the brain which sends messages to other parts of the body. A simple whiff of an aroma can cause many changes in the body. It can activate the immune system, affecting blood pressure and stimulating digestion as well as create a more positive, productive mood.
Aromatherapy on the Job
Here are the six scents I recommend for use at home or work to boost productivity, mood and more!
1. Lemon. This scent promotes concentration and has calming and clarifying properties that are helpful when you're feeling angry, anxious or run down. Lemon also has antiviral and antibacterial properties and can help fight sore throats and colds by boosting the body's immune system and improving circulation.
2. Lavender. This essential oil has calming properties that help control emotional stress. Lavender has a soothing effect on nerves and can relieve nervous tension and depression as well as treat headaches and migraines. Spray some on your pillowcase and sheets before bed and have a most restful night’s sleep!
3. Jasmine. Like lavender, jasmine it is also used to calm nerves, but this oil is also commonly used as an anti-depressant because of its uplifting capabilities that produce feelings of confidence, optimism and revitalized energy.
4. Rosemary. This is the perfect Monday morning pick-me-up. In addition to improving memory retention, rosemary has stimulating properties that fight physical exhaustion, headaches and mental fatigue. Rosemary can also be used topically to relieve muscular aches and pains.
5. Cinnamon. The stimulating properties in cinnamon can help fight mental fatigue and improve concentration and focus.
6. Peppermint. Try peppermint when brainstorming. An energy booster, this scent invigorates the mind, promotes concentration and stimulates clear thinking. Peppermint also soothes an upset, nervous stomach.
When people notice your improved mood be sure to tell ‘em I scent ya!
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login