Remember playing on a merry-go-round as a child? You would have to wait for the merry-go-round to slow down just enough to get on or off. Like the merry-go-round timing, there are times in life when we are more easily supported to reach optimum health than others. Being healthy in the Western World involves working with endless marketing for fast food, large restaurant portions, and excess. You have to train mentally to be able to have the will power or desire to act physically. Your intentions mixed with good timing sets you up for better success.
What are some ways to ramp up your health mojo? Try to work with Mother Nature through these 5 ways:
• Moon Cycles: When the moon is growing, it is usually not a good idea to try to be decreasing anything. After the moon has passed her fullness, then it is time to start any weight loss goals.
• Menstrual Cycles: When your period concludes is the perfect time to start with healthier choices. You have essentially been rebooted and have extra gumption to work with for reaching your goals.
• Eating Hours: Intermittent Fasting (IF) has been the best timing tool I have used to keep my mojo flowing. When using IF, I am not near as concerned about eating as I am otherwise. My personal program involves 16:8, meaning that I eat all of the food I am going to eat within an 8-hour window and only drink water/coffee/tea during the other 16 hours. I have found about 12PM (noon) until 8PM works best for me. IMPORTANT - Before starting an Intermittent Fasting program, please consult with your doctor. While it works for me, there may be existing medical reasons why it isn’t recommended for you.
• Water: Like the earth, the human body is made up of approximately 75% water. What happens when plants or animals do not have enough water? They recoil or are not as healthy. They dry up. They are lethargic. The same goes for humans. Be sure to drink enough water daily. If you are thirsty, or even hungry, try water first. Sometimes our brains confuse thirst with hunger. Helpful hint: Always having water on hand makes getting all of your water in much easier. I carry a cup with ice water with me everywhere I go.
• Chakra Balancing: Have your chakras balanced so that your body is more likely to respond well to better choices of water intake, healthier food and exercise. Having your chakras balanced gives you a clean slate energetically and makes it that much easier for you to move in the direction you want to go. I provide chakra balancing and reiki as part of my services offered through Psychic Source and would be happy to assist you.
May your Health Mojo be ever strengthening!