When we consider the intersection of the signs and houses on the Cusp, we discover something more significant than the combined traits. Of course, we are always one or the other Sun sign; however, depending on our birth date and time, the next-door neighbor Zodiac sign may inform our personality.
The Gemini-Cancer cusp (June 18-23) joins the influence of bright and clever Mercury, the ruling planet of Gemini, and the psychic and sensitive Moon, the ruling planet of Cancer. I often refer to this as the Cusp of Magic.
Others notice your easy-going, casual Gemini-Air; in fact, you likely appear as a friendly extrovert. On the inside, you may be pensive, deep feeling, like emotionally sensitive Cancer-Water. A natural, pure Empath, you experience the emotions of others. Clairsentience (clear feeling) is your greatest psychic gift.
Ruler: Mercury/The Moon
Symbol: The Twins/The Crab
- You're sensitive, empathic, and an excellent listener.
- Very often, you are the life of the party, friendly, and a great communicator.
- You're witty, intelligent, enthusiastic, and quick to recognize the needs of others.
- You're frequently running late because you have a casual relationship with the clock.
- Slow to commit and stubbornly loyal (not a weakness!), though others misunderstand your intentions.
- You give away too much of your energy, keeping nothing in reserve. Be kind to number one!
Those individuals born on the Cusp of Magic may be slow to commit, but once they say yes, there's no turning back. They cannot be pushed or lead. Whether it's buying a car or walking down the aisle, these fierce, bright individuals follow their own path and in their timeframe. When they commit, it's with the enthusiasm of Gemini and the tenacity of Cancer.
I like to think the Cusp of Magic is very much like baking bread; you combine flour, yeast, salt, and water; those ingredients activate and become an extraordinary thing and much more than the parts.
Thanks for reading. I'm so glad we're on this journey together. - Moira