Native American Spirit Animals
Animals guide us, teach us, and communicate with us if we’re open enough to listen. The spirit animals that are assigned to us are our “medicine” -- meant to give us strength, hope, love and comfort.
Earth Medicine, with its deep roots in Native American and indigenous cultural traditions, is the healing art of working with plant, mineral and animal qualities to bring about holistic wellness in the mind and spirit. Spiritual seekers would venture into the wilderness, embark on vision quests, or go into meditation and trance to discover their totems and spirit animals. Even in our modern world, when an animal crosses your path, it is believed that it is a sign from the universe.
Take our Quiz Above to Find Your Native American Spirit Animal Now
Take the Native American Spirit Animal test above to discover your spirit animal by birthday and location. This will help you instantly discover your zodiac spirit animal, totem spirit animal, and your spirit animal guide.
Native American Animal Spirit Guide Meanings
Native American spirit animals can show up in many ways. You're guided by Native American spirit animals by birthday as well as a spirit animal that connects deeply with your personality. While these animals will stay the same throughout your life, you can also connect with Native American animal spirit guides that are dropping in just for a moment. These animals will arrive with timely messages that you need to hear in trying times.
- A zodiac spirit animal is the animal spirit assigned to you at birth based on your date and location of birth.
- A totem spirit animal is a spirit being who accompanies you throughout your life journey, like a Guardian angel in western theology.
- An animal spirit guide may come to you in a time of need, to assist with a specific crisis or problem and then leave, in the same way one might invoke or be visited by an angel.
Here are some of the common Native American animal guides and their meanings:
Bear Spirit Guide
- Strength and Courage in the face of adversity
- Spirituality and Shamanic healing
- Preference for privacy, introspection, thinking before acting
Raven Spirit Guide
- Powerful and transformative change
- Energy and passion
- Often comes with a divine message
Snake Spirit Guide
- Shrewd and strategic
- Offers spiritual guidance and healing powers
- Often comes with a message of letting go
Owl Spirit Guide
- Wisdom and intuition
- Hope and optimism
- Encourages discernment and looking deep within
Goose Spirit Guide
- Slow and steady
- Faithful, good-natured and genuine
- Inspires taking setbacks in stride
Otter Spirit Guide
- Joyful and free spirited
- Emotionally expressive
- Guides you to think out of the box
Wolf Spirit Guide
- Family and community oriented
- Intelligent, intuitive and authentic
- Brings a message of following your instincts
Falcon Spirit Guide
- Bold leadership and vision
- You have a message to share with the world
- Encourages big-picture perspective taking
Beaver Spirit Guide
- Unstoppable and industrious
- Steady and dedicated
- Helps you build your dreams
Deer Spirit Guide
- Nurturing peacemakers
- Sensitive and open to the flow of energy
- Reminds you to be gentle with yourself and others
Woodpecker Spirit Guide
- Strongly emotional
- Lover of nature and outdoors
- Bringer of opportunity
Salmon Spirit Guide
- Energetic and powerful
- Creative and persuasive
- Encourages trusting your instincts
How can I connect with my animal spirit guide?
So you’ve taken the Spirit Animal test and are pondering the results. Still wondering how to connect with your Native American spirit animal? Let your spirit animal choose you or come to you during meditation, dream time, or other altered states of consciousness. Set the intention or ask the animal to show itself to you. As you step into your day, remain aware of your surroundings, and notice if any animals cross your path. You’ll be surprised just how synchronistic these encounters can be and knowing what these animals symbolize can provide you meaningful insight and understanding in your life. You can also work with a spiritual psychic, shaman or animal communicator to help you discover your Native American Spirit Animal guides or tune into the messages that animals bring to you.
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login