For over 43 years as a professional tarot reader, I’ve learned a little something about helping each client achieve the most from their session. Some tips are very simple while others may require you to take a deep breath and push through the suggestion with an open mind.
1. Don’t give too much information. If your reader asks you for basic information such as, "Where can we begin?" or "What’s your greatest concern?" please understand that we’re simply wanting to get to the heart of the matter.
2. Have paper and a pen/pencil reading. Recording is much simpler. I’ve discovered that even my clients are grateful for the notes. They make a good backup so there’s no need to rewind.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or ask us to repeat something. People hear in different ways; some folks are very selective, and this is a danger zone for readers. We need to make sure that your session is clear and all questions have been answered.
4. Relax in a quiet area. Make sure you’re not in a hurry and that the location promotes comfort. Keep hot tea or water close by.
5. Have tissues handy. Why would I suggest this? Many sessions become emotional.
6. Try not to rush your Advisor. We’re human too. Psychic impressions are not like a light switch. Each psychic has developed their own process to recover information. Some work with Angels, familiars and spirit guides. One thing is for sure: we need to relax and center before giving hurried answers.
7. Be open minded. Not all readings go the way the client or the reader expects.
8. Try not to jump from reader to reader. I know this is a difficult suggestion. It’s more likely to cause confusion than give clarity when one Advisor has to confirm another’s advice. Try to find one that you feel most comfortable with, then always have a backup of 2-3 others you enjoy.
9. Be mindful that death and personal, private matters are tricky for Advisors. Each will have their own response for these questions. Over the 43 years of reading professionally, I’ve projected death 3 times. Why only 3? Because I knew that the client would be able to handle it and not attempt to make amends. Each happened within 24-48 hours to the day. Personal business is again difficult for readers. We respect people’s privacy and respond with what we feel is OK.
10. Use your session wisely. Not everything will happen exactly as stated; the times maybe off, and some names wrong, but there should almost always be a clearer direction for you to travel with. Use your session like a day with a wise old woman whose life experiences can help you along your journey.
Simply remember that we, the Advisors, are in this profession for YOU. Our greatest desire is for each of you to heal, experience love, find peace and become secure.