Tip #2 - Spend Time in Nature!
Sometimes fear of the unknown, the stress of the day, and anxiety about things that seem to be out of our control can feel quite overwhelming. So in the style of former talk show host David Letterman, I present my…
Top 10 Ways to Reconnect with Your Spiritual Self.
1. Enlist the help of Divine energy. From your God, Goddess, Angels, Spirit Guides or any higher being, seek divine help, know that you are heard and never, ever alone.
2. Spend time in nature. Walk barefoot. Hug a tree… seriously! When we spend time in nature we ground and reconnect our energy to this plane of existence. It is a quick way to release our anxieties and stress. Yes, release that emotion and heavy energy. That which you don’t need, Mother Earth gladly accepts, transmutes and sends back out as good energy to the world. (Think of it the same way a tree or plant will take in the elements and emit life giving oxygen to us!)
3. Learn to meditate, and do it regularly. Practice guided meditations, deep breathing exercises, daydreaming, even just spending one minute in silence or repeating a positive phrase over and over (something like: “I’m safe, I’m loved, I’m in control”). It will help you to center yourself and regain control.
4. Be in the moment – yes, this one! This moment right now is the only time where you can fully control your reactions. Yesterday is history; you can’t change it. Tomorrow is the future which is unknown. Be present now.
5. Smile and have gratitude. Think of one thing, just one, that you are grateful for. Watch that list grow. it’s hard to think of just one!
6. Offer compassion. Treat yourself and others kindly whenever possible.
7. Practice forgiveness. Take one minute to just offer forgiveness to someone. (You don’t have to tell them.) Simply releasing that negative feeling
will help you to feel lighter and happier.
8. Take time to explore and nurture your spiritual side. Learn something completely new or build upon your knowledge. Don’t ever stop learning!
9. Trust your intuition. It's like a muscle; the more you use it the stronger it gets. And more often than not, your intuition will NOT fail you.
10. Offer love to yourself. Be kind to yourself. Do things that make you happy. Recharge your batteries. Most importantly, love yourself. You are a beautiful, amazing, light filled soul!
Even if you try just a few of the above suggestions, you may find yourself a little more at ease and able to handle all the “stuff” (I’m keeping it clean here) the world throws at you! In fact, you may even be able to view some of the challenges in a more positive light – as opportunities for personal growth and as ways in which YOU can spread YOUR love to the world!
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login