The Gift of Connecting with Nature: How to Stay PresentJust as the divine spark of creation lives within us, so too are we connected intrinsically to the natural world. In other words, nature is not separate from us, but a part of us – water, air, minerals, energy – we are made up of the same elements as make up the planet. When we think of nature as an extension of our bodies, we can bring the same mindful reverence to connecting mind-body and spirit to connecting to the natural world, which will help us stay present in the now. This connection to the grounding earth energy allows us to shift our perception and see the world from a whole other perspective.
Why Connecting with Nature Should be Part of Daily Life
Think of connecting with nature as being in a relationship with Mother Earth. Every relationship has a give and take. In addition to embracing Nature’s gifts of peace and source energy, we’ll share some strategies for giving back to nature.
Connecting with Nature as a Spiritual Practice
Find a comfortable place to sit and focus on your breath. Imagine yourself as a plant or tree, rooted to the ground, energetically connected to the core crystal matrix of the Earth, which sends its energy up through your roots and chakra system where it exits at the crown. This connection to the grounding earth energy allows us to shift our perception and see the world from a whole other perspective.
Try Mindfulness Walking
- Feel the grass and soil beneath your feet. Touch tree trunks and absorb the spirit of the trees into your existence. Really look at the colors around you. Does one color seem to be more prevalent? If so, there is a message for you from that prominent color.
- Listen to the birds singing. What other sounds do you hear? Is there movement in the Aground that you can discern by listening intently? These are all ways that nature is speaking to you and connecting with you.
- What about the sky? Are there clouds? What color is the sky? Look up and breathe deeply. Enjoy the beauty that is all around you.
You are meant to have a joyful and peaceful existence. Being in nature is a quick way to remind us that we are spiritual beings living a human existence. We always have the ability to connect with our spiritual nature and the natural world. A simple practice of mindfulness walking can make a big difference.
Practical Tips for Connecting with NatureConnecting with nature can also happen in more active ways. While mindfulness walking and meditation are important spiritual practices, there are plenty of simple things we can do to nurture our connection to the Earth.
• Make Time to be Outdoors. Set aside time to be outside every day, even if it's just for 10 or 20 minutes. If it feels like you don't have the time, look for something to cut out, like time spent on your smartphone or watching TV.
• Plant New Life.Increasing nature's bounty improves your karma in several ways. It's good for you, your family, and the environment. Surround yourself with vibrant greenery by planting flowers, trees, vegetables, and fruits wherever you can. Start in your own yard, if possible, or join a neighborhood co-op. You can even donate a tree or join a charity that plants trees in the areas that need them most.
• Bring the Outside In. Nature can become a part of your indoor life if you look for ways to bring Mother Nature into your home. Open your windows and smell the fresh breeze blowing in. Tend to a variety of indoor plants that add beautiful greenery to your home. Collect a few precious pinecones and place them on your coffee table or nightstand. Small things like this help you feel surrounded by and connected to Mother Earth even when you're inside.
Give Back to NatureMother Earth gives us so much every day, and most of the time we just take and take. Find a way to give back to Mother Earth and do something kind for the environment. Pick up some litter from the ground. Plant a small garden in your backyard. Place a bird feeder outside to nourish some of the planet's creatures. By giving back to nature, you can do so much to soothe your soul and fulfill your own life. Giving back always results in getting back more than you've given, often in ways you never expected.
• Go Greener. Going green is one of the best ways you can give back to the Earth. This doesn't mean that you have to transition over to solar power, although that's certainly admirable. The thing is, even small acts of environmental kindness will help you. Start a recycling program, and urge your neighbors to do the same. Carry reusable bags when you shop, and refuse paper or plastic bags. Try to cut your own carbon footprint by making healthier choices, such as riding your bike or walking instead of driving everywhere.
• Support Farm-to-Table Endeavors. You might not think you're giving back to nature by shopping from local farmers, but you're doing so much for the environment. Farm-to-table food sources are increasingly popular, and they're beneficial to everyone involved. You're cutting down on the carbon emissions it takes to transport food, plus you're supporting local businesses and making healthier choices at the same time.
Our Psychic Advisors are experts in mindfulness, meditation and connecting our spiritual nature with the natural world. Leave some time in your reading to explore how connecting with nature can relieve your stress, fill your life with appreciation and purpose, and find the answers you are seeking from the Divine source within.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login