Everyone worries in their own unique way but if it’s causing restless sleep, try some energy healing and self-care for a little relief.
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Give yourself a date with worry. Set aside one hour a day. Once the hour is up, put the worries aside. This is like hitting the pause button on your busy mind. If you’re tempted to brood, remind yourself worry has another date with you tomorrow.
2. Take a break. At least 2-4 hours before bedtime avoid stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol, suspenseful TV shows or movies. Ramping up on stimulants affects your adrenal glands. Adrenaline keeps your body on high alert. It eventually crashes, and you’re left feeling drained. Remember, you’re not giving up these little indulgences forever. Just taking a hiatus until sleep improves.
3. The power of crystals. Place a crystal under your pillow or on the nightstand. Darker gemstones such as hematite, amethyst or black tourmaline help clear the mind of mental clutter. They also calm the energy of the room. Hold the crystal in your hand before sleep. Focus your intention. Send loving peaceful vibes to your crystal. Allow this soothing energy to fill your sleep area.
4. Keep the bedroom inspiring yet clutter free. Create a space that’s warm and nurturing. Calming scents, relaxing colors, and comfy bedding.
5. Consider herbal supplements. Magnesium, Chamomile or Ashwagandha are popular choices. Ask your Pharmacist or Naturopath to recommend the best sleepy time herbs for your age and lifestyle.
6. Try relaxing sounds before bed. Ocean waves, rainfall, or soft chimes to help settle your energy. Ease your body in to relaxation mode.
7. Practice a sleep mantra. Repeat silently until you feel sleepy. If worries try to sneak in, thank them for visiting. Then gently replace them with your mantra. Try phrases such as:
“All is well”
While everyone experiences a sleepless night or two; chronic insomnia may require a visit to your health practitioner. A medical professional can test for any underlying health issues that may be affect your sleep.
Part of energy healing is attending to the physical body as well as your emotional and spiritual body. Give all aspects of your beautiful being the love and support you deserve.
Learn all about the various areas of Energy Healing including: Auras, Mediation, Reiki, Chakras, Crystals and more.